Finally, the Homematic difference temperature sensor HM-WDS30-OT2-SM-2 can be used as a smart pool thermometer.
By default, the sensors are not suitable for permanent immersion in water. We coat at least 2 meters, the two 2.70 m long sensor lines, with a high-tech liquid rubber coating to allow a permanent immersion in the pool or a pond. Of course, one or both probes can also measure the air temperature.
The fields of application are manifold. Sample applications:
- Comparison and measurement of pool water temperature and outside temperature
- Comparison and measurement of warm, incoming water with the pool water temperature on the ground.
- Comparison and analysis of the interaction between outdoor temperature and pool temperature.
Thanks to the weatherproof surface-mounted housing and battery-powered technology, you can install the device in close proximity to the pool or pond.
The small cable-bound probes can also be operated in a skimmer.
A Homematic CCU2 or CCU3 is required for operation. This allows you to link your smart home devices together and, for example, stop the warm-up phase as soon as the desired temperature is reached.
Setup with a CCU2 or CCU3
The video (source: YouTube/TechHHeckMeck) shows the setup of the difference temperature sensor and its evaluation possibilities with a CCU2 or CCU3. We offer the same building product here, but the temperature probes are coated by us to make permanent immersion in water possible.
Pool thermometer technical data, requirements and notes
- Temperature measurement between -30 to +100 °C
- Battery operation: 2 x alkaline manganese battery Mignon LR6 / Mignon AA (included)
- Battery charge lasts for about 1 to 2 years
- Cable length of the two sensors: about 2.7 m. At least 2 meters of which are coated by us with a high-tech liquid rubber coating to enable permanent immersion in water.
- Colour of the coating of the probes: blue
- Radio range in open field: up to 100 m
- When using a CCU2 or CCU3, individual temperatures can also be evaluable
- Not compatible with CCU1 and LAN/USB configuration adapters
- A Homematic CCU2, CCU3 (base stations) is required for operation. These are not part of this offer.
- Until now, this pool thermometer cannot be operated with a Homematic IP base station.
- When coating the cable and probes, “paint noses” can be. These do not affect the technical function in any way.
- Homematic Differential Temperature Sensor Modification
- 2 x alkaline manganese battery Mignon LR6 / Mignon AA