Finally, a Homematic IP Temperature Sensor can be used as a Pool Thermometer. We modify an original Homematic IP Temperature Sensor (Interior) to make it POOL-READY.
In this variant, we shed the sensors and electrics in a small, retractable, pool-ready case (40 mm diameter, 100 mm in length) with a heat-conducting electric gloss mass. The battery holder is located in a splash-proof case on which the powerful antenna can also be mounted. The antenna and battery casings are connected to the retractable unit with 3 meters of cable each. This makes it easy to sink the thermometer to a depth of 2.5 metres. The antenna cable can be extended if necessary to change the antenna location.
This allows Your Pool to be seamlessly integrated into Your Smart Home. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant can now also provide Information about the current Water Temperature of Your Swimming pool.
“Alexa, what’s Temperature in the Pool”
Due to the small design of the retractable unit, the thermometer can also be used in the skimmer. Those who have a pond will also love this pool thermometer. It is powered by batteries and does not require an external power supply on site.
Advantages of this smart Pool Thermometer
- Battery-powered Module. As a Result, no power Outlet is necessary on Site. We also equip your pool thermometer with an optional power supply via AA batteries. As a Result, the Thermometer can be operated for an Extremely long time without changing Batteries.
- Query the Water Temperature via Smartphone or Tablet via WLan. This requires the Base station Of Homematic IP or a CCU2/CCU3.
- Integration into the Homematic IP headquarters (access point) or a CCU2/CCU3
- Integration Into your own Home Automation.
- Exact Readings.
Use for WLan Pool Thermometer
Delivery Of the WIFI Poolthermometer
- Pool thermometer pooldiver@smart with integrated, modified and original Homematic IP temperature sensor (150181A1).
- Batteries: You can choose between the Standard Variant With 2 x AAA Batteries or the Variant With a much longer battery Capacity with 2 X AA Batteries.
Prerequisites for The operation of the WLan Pool Thermometer
- You must have the Homematic IP base station (access point) or a Homematic CCU2 or CCU3 to operate this pool thermometer. The Base Station is not Part of this Offer.
- To use Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant with this Product, You must have a suitable Device (E.g. Amazon Echo Dot or Amazon Echo).
- This Thermometer is not suitable for Use at Water Temperatures above 40 Degrees Celsius. We haven’t been able to test The Thermometer yet hot Tubs or Hot Tubs.
- Antenna Range: Our Modification does not change the Radio Range. We therefore recommend to test a Homematic IP Temperature Sensor (Inside) (if any) at the desired Site (must not get wet) before purchasing,