We modify an original Netatmo Module to make it Pool-ready. In this floating variant, the temperature sensor, including the board, is shed in the diving unit with a heat-conducting electric gus mass. The power supply is located in the upper, screwable, part of the case. The area between the encapsulated sensor unit and the battery compartment is thermally insulated, resulting in an exact temperature measurement. It also measures water temperature at a depth of about 280 mm , which increases accuracy.
Due to the complete encapsulation of the board, condensation is almost excluded in this area. In order to minimize the condensation of the battery unit, this area is also thermally insulated. Thanks to the excellent resistance to salt water and chlorine, we use PVC for the case. The swimming ring is made of a PE foam, which is also suitable for use in pools.
Now your pool can be seamlessly integrated into your smart Netatmo weather station or smart home. Amazon Alexa can also now provide Information about the current Water Temperature of Your Swimming pool.
“Alexa, ask Netatmo: What’s the Temperature in the Pool?”
We have been modifying smart thermostats to make them waterproof since 2017. All our know-how is in the pool@smart2.
Advantages of this smart Pool Thermometer
- Battery-powered Module. As a Result, no power Outlet is necessary on Site. We also rearm your pool thermometer with an optional power supply via AA lithium batteries, with 3000 mAh (instead of 1460 mAH). As a Result, the Thermometer can be operated for an Extremely long time without changing Batteries.
- Query the Water Temperature via Smartphone or Tablet via WLan. This requires Netatmo’S Base station. This can be purchased separately in our Shop.
- Integration Into the Netatmo Weather Station.
- The Water Temperature can also be published on your own Website if Desired. For this purpose, there are Plugins from WordPress. This Feature is interesting for public Institutions who want to provide Their Visitors with information about the current Water Temperature on Site.
- Integration Into your own Home Automation.
- Exact Readings.
Use for WLan Pool Thermometer
WLan Pool Thermometer for Home Control
This WIFI Thermometer can be integrated into its Home automation in a variety of Ways. For the open source program OpenHab 2 there are already ready “bindings” for Netatmo. As our wlan pool thermometer is a modification of the Netatmo thermometer you can also integrate the temperature in your control. For example, a pool heater can be activated if required. Netatmo modules can also be integrated in Homematic and other systems. Also the integration into the own website is possible thanks to ready plugins for for example WordPress or Joomla.
Delivery Of the WIFI Poolthermometer
- Pool@smart 2 (with integrated, original Netatmo interior module)
- Batteries: You can Choose between the Standard Variant With 4 x AAA Batteries or the Variant With a much longer battery Capacity with 4 X AA Batteries.
- Attachment Cord
Prerequisites for The operation of the WLan Pool Thermometer
- You must own the Netatmo Base Station to operate this Pool Thermometer. The Base Station is not Part of this Offer.
- To use Amazon Alexa with this Product, You must have a suitable Device (E.g. Amazon Echo Dot or Amazon Echo).
- This Thermometer is not suitable for Use at Water Temperatures above 40 Degrees Celsius. We haven’t been able to test The Thermometer yet hot Tubs or Hot Tubs.
- Antenna Range: Our Modification of the original Netatmo Inner Module does not change the Radio Range. In our Test, the Base Station was placed in a closed Room (Brick Construction) behind a locked window with direct Visual Contact To the Thermometer. The Pool Thermometer and the original Netatmo Inner module were able to establish stable Connections to the Base Station up to 25 m. Keep in mind that any additional Wall and source Of Interference (E.g. Routers, Metal Objects, etc.) reduce the Range. If the antenna of the pool thermometer (about 75 mm above the water surface) is below the edge of the pool, this can also reduce the range. We therefore recommend that you test a Netatmo indoor module (if available) at the desired installation location (must not get wet) before purchasing. The range can be increased by pushing the floating ring down a little. As a result, the antenna protrudes further out of the water and can possibly compensate for the losses caused by a pool edge. Note that this adjustment will push the temperature sensor further towards the water surface, which may affect measurement accuracy.