SONOFF WIFI pool thermometer with integrated switching actuator can be conveniently integrated into the filter circuit of your swimming pool with a tapping clamp. Not only can the water temperature be measured and evaluated, but a connected swimming pool heater can also be controlled.
The first-class temperature sensor DS18B20 is connected to the smart SONOFF TH16. This cable probe is mounted in an immersion sleeve with a thermally conductive paste and can be integrated into the piping of your swimming pool with the tapping clamp (available for 50 mm or 63 mm pipes). With the 1-channel switch actuator SONOFF TH16, for example, a swimming pool heat pump can be controlled depending on the temperature and time. Setting up such a control is very easy.
The free smartphone app Ewelink offers numerous setting options for this. Of course, this SONOFF switch can also be controlled by voice control with Amazon Alexa or a Google Assistant-enabled device.
IFTTT is the right choice for anyone who would like to link different smart home devices or would like to receive individual notifications. This WiFi pool thermometer is supported by IFTTT. For example, let a Philips Hue lamp glow red when the desired bathing temperature is reached.
The main advantages:
- WIFI on board – no gateway required
- Integrated 1-channel switch actuator – switch, for example, a swimming pool heating system according to your requirements
- Voice assistants are supported
- IFTTT support
- Easy installation without converting the existing filter system.
- Control and query of the water temperature possible from anywhere in the world.
- In auto mode, the device that is connected to the switching actuator (e.g. heat pump) is automatically switched on and off according to your specifications (schedule, water temperature, etc.).
- Voice control via Alexa or Google Assistant.
- In manual mode you can switch the device connected to the switch actuator on and off again at the push of a button.
- Voice control via Alexa or Google Assistant.
IFTTT ready - Connect your SONOFF pool thermometer with other smart home devices
- This SONOFF pool thermometer can interact with many other devices via IFTTT.
- For example, you can be informed by push message when your pool has reached the ideal bathing temperature.
- For example, let Philips Hue lamps glow red when the bath temperature is too low.
- For example, save measured values in Google Sheets in a table.
- … and many more options.
Easy installation in the filter system of your swimming pool
- The SONOFF pool thermometer can be easily integrated in the technical room with a tapping clamp (available for 50 mm and 63 mm pipes). New piping is not necessary.
- The temperature probe is inserted into the integrated immersion sleeve with a thermally conductive paste (included in the scope of delivery) and screwed tight.
- The cable of the temperature probe is led to the switch actuator TH16 and plugged in there.
Free app - perfect control option
- Free app for IOS and Android
- Apple Watch support
- Storage of the data in the cloud.
- Voice control with Amazon Echo or Google Assistant
- Create temperature and / or time dependent actions. For example: Activate swimming pool heating between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. when the water temperature is below 20 degrees.
- Expand your smart home with additional actuators, switches, lamps, and much more.
All the features of the SONOFF WiFi pool thermometer
- WIFI – even without a gateway.
- No further hardware necessary.
- Exact temperature measurement.
- Free cloud.
- Free app.
- 1-channel switching actuator integrated to control a pool heater, for example.
- Simple pipe assembly.
- Installed invisibly in the technical room
- IFTTT support for networking with other smart home devices.
- Zigbee is possible (separate hardware required)
- Time and temperature dependent automatic control.
- Amazon Alexa Support
- Google Assistant support.
- Tested by Pool-Thermometer.eu
- Top support – even after the purchase.
Versions / optional accessories
Optional: connection cable 3m
The SONOFF TH16 must be connected to the mains. If you would like to connect the device to a socket, you can also order this rubber connection cable (3 m length, splash-proof protective contact on one side according to IP 44, tested according to DIN VDE 0620-1 and DIN VDE 0282-4).
Technical data SONOFF TH16
- Type: Switching actuator with connection of a cable probe for temperature measurement
- Switching capacity: 16A / 3500W
- Colour: white
- WiFi 2.4 Ghz
- Voltage input: 90 – 250 V AC
- Length: 88 mm
- Width: 38mm
- Height: 23mm
- RoHS compliant
Technical data cable probe DS18B20
- Range: -55 ~ 125 ° C
- Accuracy: ± 0.5%
- Cable length: 950 mm
Technical data for tapping clamp
- BSP pipe thread G, not self-sealing, sealing with Teflon tape or similar.
- Temperature range: 0 ° C to 80 ° C
- Working pressure: max. 16 bar at 20 ° C, reinforced internal thread
- Material PP
- O-ring: NBR
- Reinforcement ring / screws / nuts: Galvanized steel or higher quality
Technical data surface-mounted housing suitable for SONOFF TH16
- Degree of protection: IP65 (protected against dust and water jets)
- Dimensions: 162 x 116 x 76 mm
- Color gray
Technical data connection cable
- The 3 m long connecting cable H05RN-F 3G1.0 has a splash-proof Schuko plug. The other end: approx. 30 mm stripped with wire end sleeves.
- Connection with 230 V / 16 A.
- Safety: The power line has been tested according to current standards and certified with protection class IP44. Light rubber hose line for the necessary insulation.
- Tapping clamp for 50 mm or 63 mm (selectable)
- O-ring for tapping clamp
- Screws and nuts for tapping clamps
- Matching immersion sleeve made of stainless steel. Due to the current shortage of materials on the market, it may differ from the product image. However, we always use equivalent and high-quality goods made of stainless steel.
- Teflon tape for sealing the immersion sleeve
- SONOFF TH16 (including instructions and connection diagram in English).
- Installation instructions: tapping clamp.
- Cable probe for temperature measurement DS18B20 with a length of 950 mm (suitable for SONOFF TH16).
- Thermally conductive paste to ensure an exact temperature measurement inside the immersion sleeve.
- Optional: surface-mounted housing for TH16 according to IP65.
- Optional: connection cable for TH16.
Attention: Work and repairs on electrical devices or on cables, sockets, switches should only be carried out by a qualified electrician. Working on the 90 – 230V network is dangerous and can lead to fatal accidents.
- Apps for IOS and Android: