Finally, a Homematic IP Temperature Sensor can be used as a Pool Thermometer. We modify an original Homematic IP temperature sensor HmIP-STH to make it pool-compatible. In this floating variant, the temperature sensor, including the board, is shed in the diving unit with a heat-conducting electric gus mass. The power supply is located in the upper, screwable, part of the case. The area between the encapsulated sensor unit and the battery compartment is thermally insulated, resulting in an exact temperature measurement.
Due to the complete encapsulation of the board, condensation is almost excluded in this area. In order to minimize the condensation of the battery unit, this area is also thermally insulated. Thanks to the excellent resistance to salt water and chlorine, we use PVC for the case. The swimming ring is made of a PE foam, which is also suitable for use in pools.
Now your pool can be seamlessly integrated into your smart home. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant can now also provide Information about the current Water Temperature of Your Swimming pool.
“Alexa, what’s Temperature in the Pool”
We have been modifying smart thermostats to make them waterproof since 2017. All our know-how is in the pool@smart2.
Advantages of this smart Pool Thermometer
- Battery-powered Module. As a Result, no power Outlet is necessary on Site.
- Query the Water Temperature via Smartphone or Tablet via WLan. This requires the Base station Of Homematic IP or a CCU2/CCU3.
- Integration Into the Homematic IP Headquarters or a CCU2/CCU3
- Integration Into your own Home Automation.
- Exact Readings. The Temperature Sensor is located at a Depth of about 17 cm.
Use for WLan Pool Thermometer
Delivery Of the WIFI Poolthermometer
- Homematic IP Pool Thermometer Modification – pool@smart2
- Batteries: 2 x AAA batteries
- Attachment Cord
Prerequisites for The operation of the WLan Pool Thermometer
- You must have the Homematic IP Base station or a Homematic CCU2 or CCU3 to operate this Pool Thermometer. The Base Station is not Part of this Offer.
- To use Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant with this Product, You must have a suitable Device (E.g. Amazon Echo Dot or Amazon Echo).
- This Thermometer is not suitable for Use at Water Temperatures above 40 Degrees Celsius. We haven’t been able to test the thermometer in hot tubs or hot tubs yet.
- Antenna Range: Our Modification does not change the Radio Range. We therefore recommend that you test a Homematic IP room thermostat (if available) at the desired installation site (must not get wet) before purchasing.