This is the retractable Version of our Netatmo Modifications and can be used as a Pond Thermometer or WI-FI Pool Thermometer. We shed the Board of an original Netatmo Inner module in a waterproof case. As a result, the Electronics Are optimally protected by Condensation. In addition, we equip the Netatmo Module with a Power Supply with AA batteries (instead of AAA). This makes a Battery Change even rarer. We carry the Antenna out Of the Water with a Low-Loss cable from the Water in order to be able to transfer the Temperature Data to the Natatmo base Station.
To ensure optimal Range, You can choose between different Antennas (see below).
This pond or Pool Thermometer can be seamlessly integrated into Your smart Netatmo Weather station or Smart Home. Amazon Alexa can also now provide Information about the current Water Temperature of Your Swimming pool.
“Alexa, ask Netatmo: What’s the Temperature in the Pool?”
Our Netatmo Modifications for Temperature measurements in Pools and Ponds have been available for Three years. This new Version contains all our accumulated Know-how. Look Forward to a reliable and smart WLan Pool Thermometer.
Advantages of this smart Pool Thermometer
- Battery-powered Module. As a Result, no power Outlet is necessary on Site. We also equip Your Pool Thermometer with an optional Power Supply via AA Batteries. As a Result, the Thermometer can be operated for an Extremely long time without changing Batteries.
- Query the Water Temperature via Smartphone or Tablet via WLan. This requires Netatmo’S Base station. This can be purchased separately in our Shop.
- Integration Into the Netatmo Weather Station.
- The Water Temperature can also be published on your own Website if Desired. For this purpose, there are Plugins from WordPress. This Feature is interesting for public Institutions who want to provide Their Visitors with information about the current Water Temperature on Site.
- Integration Into your own Home Automation.
Antennas and Antenna ranges:
The Following Antenna Test was carried out by us. In our Test, the Netatmo Base station was placed in a closed Room (Brick Construction) behind a locked window with direct Visual Contact To the Thermometer. The original Netatmo Inner module was able to establish stable Connections to the Base Station up to 25 m. Netatmo provides a maximum Range of 100 Meters. The Test shows that a Window already significantly reduces this Value.
Keep in mind that any additional Wall and source Of Interference (E.g. Routers, Metal Objects, etc.) reduce the Range. The Antenna Cable length also reduces the Reception quality a little with each Meter.
We therefore recommend that you test a Netatmo Inner module (if any) at the desired Site (must not get wet) before purchasing,
Staff Antenna-Standard Range
In the Test listed above, this Rod Antenna was able to achieve the same ranges as an unmodified Netatmo Indoor module.
Dimensions: Length: 125mm | Average: About 10 mm
Staff Antenna Plus-Extended Range
In the above test, the Range with this Antenna, compared to a Standard Netatmo Module, could be extended by over 10 Meters.
Dimensions: Length: 210mm | Average: About 15 mm
Yagi Antenna (Directional Antenna)-Long Range
The Test Winner of our Antenna Test. However, this Antenna is also relatively large and requires a Mast for Assembly.
Dimensions: 38.4 x 18 x 6.4 cm
WLan Pool-pond Thermometer for Home Control
This WLan Thermometer can be integrated into its Home automation in a variety of Ways. For the open source program OpenHab 2 there are already ready “bindings” for Netatmo. As our wlan pool thermometer is a modification of the Netatmo thermometer you can also integrate the temperature in your control. For example, a pool heater can be activated if required. Netatmo modules can also be integrated in Homematic and other systems. Also the integration into the own website is possible thanks to ready plugins for for example WordPress or Joomla.
- Pool/Pond Thermometer with integrated and original Netatmo Indoor module.
- Atenna Batteries: 4 X AA batteries.
Prerequisites for Operation
- You must own the Netatmo Base Station to operate this Pool Thermometer. The Base Station is not Part of this Offer.
- To use Amazon Alexa with this Product, You must have a suitable Device (E.g. Amazon Echo Dot or Amazon Echo).
- Antenna Range: We equip This Pool Thermometer with an external and powerful Rod Antenna. In our Test, the Base Station was placed in a closed Room (Brick Construction) behind a locked window with direct Visual Contact To the Thermometer. The original Netatmo Inner module was able to establish stable Connections to the Base Station up to 25 m. With the rod Antenna Used, we achieved a stable Connection of up to 30 m (4 out of 5 Bars). Tests over 30m were not carried out. Keep in mind that any additional Wall and source Of Interference (E.g. Routers, Metal Objects, etc.) reduce the Range. We therefore recommend that you test a Netatmo Inner module (if any) at the desired Site (must not get wet) before purchasing. If the Range is not sufficient, You can connect an optional antenna Cable to the Pool Thermometer and assemble the Antenna in a cheaper Location. Of course, even an even more powerful Directional Antenna (available in a short time here) can also increase the Range.