Finally, a Magenta SmartHome suitable temperature sensor can be used as a pool thermometer. We modify an original eQ-3 Homematic IP temperature sensor outside, for Magenta SmartHome to make it pool-ready.
In this floating variant, the temperature sensor, including the board, is shed in the diving unit with a heat-conducting electric gus mass. The power supply is located in the upper, screwable, part of the case. The area between the encapsulated sensor unit and the battery compartment is thermally insulated, resulting in an exact temperature measurement.
Due to the complete encapsulation of the board, condensation is almost excluded in this area. In order to minimize the condensation of the battery unit, this area is also thermally insulated. Thanks to the excellent resistance to salt water and chlorine, we use PVC for the case. The swimming ring is made of a PE foam, which is also suitable for use in pools.
Now your pool can be seamlessly integrated into your Magenta SmartHome of Telekom.
We have been modifying smart thermostats to make them waterproof since 2017. All our know-how is in the pool@smart2.
Advantages of this smart Pool Thermometer
- Battery-powered Module. As a Result, no power Outlet is necessary on Site.
- Query the water temperature via smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi via Magenta SmartHome app.
- Integration into Telekom’s Magenta SmartHome
- Exact Readings. The Temperature Sensor is located at a Depth of about 17 cm.
Use for WLan Pool Thermometer
Delivery Of the WIFI Poolthermometer
- WLan Pool Thermometer Modification with Magenta SmartHome Support – pool@smart2
- Batteries: 2 x AAA batteries
- Attachment Cord
Prerequisites for The operation of the WLan Pool Thermometer
- You must own the Magenta SmartHome base station to operate this pool thermometer. The Base Station is not Part of this Offer.
- This Thermometer is not suitable for Use at Water Temperatures above 40 Degrees Celsius. We haven’t been able to test the thermometer in hot tubs or hot tubs yet.
- Antenna Range: Our Modification does not change the Radio Range. We therefore recommend that you test a Homematic IP room thermostat (if available) at the desired installation site (must not get wet) before purchasing.